Pages

19 March 2011

"I am a Christian"

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'


When I say that 'I am a Christian', I am not shouting that 'I am clean living. I'm whispering 'I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven.'


When I say 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.


When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.


When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.


When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.


When I say 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.


When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!



I read this again and still it struck me, every time, no fail. Christians are nothing superior, we're human, we do mistakes and sometimes felt like the whole world has abandoned us. But what makes us different is we'll stand up after the falls and know who we can turn to, for comfort, peace and guidance. Thank you LORD for your love, patience and your promises that you'll always be there for us. =) have a great day ahead peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment