Pages

04 January 2011

New Year Resolution 2011

I realised i'm so lost most of the time, and i found the problem is with me, not keeping close with God. I always wonder how u balance things between making up decisions and ask for what you really wanted, or just let Him make the decision for you (i always thought that means do nothing at all) which always get me confused and in dilemma.

Stepping in a new year, I'm going to be 23 by September. The year i'm going to graduate and find a job, the year i'm struggling with changes in family members, the year I'm rushing for datelines all the time for internship application and thesis, the year i'm to experience God more than any other years and i want to get closer with Him through all these.

YET, I realised i never spend enough time with Him. It kind of strikes me when one day, my group member in NC called. So i asked him about his student exchange program to USA which he's been talking about during NC. He said he's rejected at the last minute after he got all his visa and forms done. I felt sorry about him though but later he shared about his family where they came to God and experienced Him. And the worst part, he asked me:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE AFTER NC?

i remember i said something like i'm working on my CF's "Bulan Kasih". But only God knows i spent my holidays after NC doing NOTHING. I mean of what i've promised God to do in NC never came into action. I was ashamed, and i can felt God's disappointment on me. So i came up with my new year resolution (for the very 1st time, i know i'm totally useless =S).

  1. Do devotion and bible reading daily.
  2. Fast and Pray. for real this time.
  3. Go doa keliling and persekutuan doa every week.
  4. Be friends with other races, i mean real friends and not hi and bye friends. But at least i'm proud to say i have one. Danial it is =)
  5. keep in touch with my long lost friends. (i realised i never really make an effort to sms friends during their birthdays and occasions, i always find excuse that i'm not a cellphone person and i don't do sms often, which is true but that's not compromisable, not when it comes with friends!)
  6. Still, sms my current friends more often, not just whenever i need help from them (said miss Chrislynn Ng, which is so so true. *sigh* )
  7. Try all my best in my academic studies and I WANT TO GRADUATE AND FIND A STABLE AND PERMANENT JOB!
  8. Maintain a healthy lifestyle, ie go jogging and swimming.
  9. Get my family members together, with wisdom (God, help me with that.. )

That's all for new year resolution. This is a reminder and friends who read this, if you happen to see me slacking in future, remind me about this post i once wrote and very "semangat" about it. I hope everyone has their new year resolution done by now and stick to it, my friends! =)

2 comments:

  1. Cousin! Try setting fewer resolutions to be achieve over a shorter period. Say, 3 months? It will be easier to achieve and stay focus.

    Do not think that God will disappoint or whatever, His love for you
    will never change, no matter what!

    Changes in family members? Is it good or bad? :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that many of us are here for you...Will keep on praying for you... Do not feel discouraged if you fall but get back up and go for gold...

    ReplyDelete